Search 2.0

Friday, August 7, 2009

G.I. Joe to be the summer's final blockbuster


Jeffrey Wells doesn't think so. He says the G.I. Joe film will do $30 million max, more likely $20 million. He's more of an expert at these things than I, but I'm thinking Julia and Julie will do $20 million and Joe's box office should be closer to $50 million. Here's why: the movie-going public has shown a fascination for action heroes and seeing things being blown up; G.I. Joe, from what I'm led to believe, has that in spades. The other reason I'm thinking big for Joe is because I had lunch Tuesday with a close buddy who always sees the box office winners on the weekends of their release and he told me over some El Fenix enchiladas that he was planning on seeing G.I. Joe this weekend. That's all the proof I need.

No comments: