Search 2.0

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Want to know the salary of a city employee?


Pick a city, any city in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Then enter the name of an employee of that city in the proper place on this Web page and you can discover how much money that employee makes.

According to its creator, the Web site "provides a database of names, positions and salaries for more than 45,000 individuals who have been or are currently employed by cities." It came from open records requests made for cities with a population of at least 10,000.

I did type in some names of people I know who work for the city of Dallas and got nothing in return, but then I searched in an entire department and found what I was looking for. It turned out the person I was searching for was listed by an initial and not a first name.

A tip of the hat to Rick Wamre at the Advocate for alerting me about the site.

No comments: