Search 2.0

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Another reason to root for the Cubbies

Realistically, I don't hold out much hope for the Chicago Cubs to win three straight against the Los Angeles Dodgers and move on to the National League Championship Series. In fact, being more of an American League than a National League fan, I really didn't have that many feelings invested in this series, except for my lifetime hatred of the Dodgers. (I grew up in a section of a New York City a long, long time ago where children were taught to love the Yankees, tolerate the New York Giants and hate the Brooklyn Dodgers. Old habits die hard.) But then I read about Ron Santo and now I'm going to be rooting a little harder for the Cubs as well as any team playing the Boston Red Sox. (Like I said earlier: Old habits die hard for us Yankee fans.)

No comments: