Search 2.0

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Almost reuniting Meryl and Amy

I was not a big a fan of the movie "Doubt" as some, but what I did enjoy was the acting, especially those two-person scenes involving Meryl Streep and one of the actors in the film: Philip Seymour Hoffman, Viola Davis or Amy Adams. I especially enjoyed her scenes with Ms. Adams, who is the most refreshing talent to come into the movie world in the last 10 years.

Now Ms. Adams and Ms. Streep are co-starring in another film together, but judging from this trailer and what I know about the film, I can't see them having any scenes together. Ms. Streep plays Julia Child (and, typically, she seems to have the Child voice down cold) and Ms. Adams plays a young woman who, probably 50 years after Ms. Child wrote her cookbook, decides to do her own book based on cooking all of Ms. Child's recipes. Think of it as a lighter "The Hours" with no nervous breakdowns or suicides, but lots of food.

No comments: