Search 2.0

Friday, April 3, 2009

A message to the citizens of Dallas...

The link below will take you to a letter from Da Mayor asking Dallas voters to vote "no" on the propositions on the May ballot, one that would try to stop the construction of a Dallas Convention Center hotel and the other which would require voter approval of major future development projects in the city. Although I vehemently disagreed with "Hiz Honner" on the Trinity River Toll Road referendum, I'm on his side this time around. I have seen no logical argument -- only scare tactics based on faulty propositions -- against the hotel, but I have seen quite a bit of economic studies and results from other cities to support it. And the second proposal is just plain stupid, fostered upon us by a union whose own members are leaving it in droves. Thus, I give you the mayor's letter: A message to the citizens of Dallas...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pete,
Could you fill me in on what those economic studies and results in other cities are that you found so persuasive? I'd like to check them out.