Search 2.0

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Goodbye to folks I never knew

Admission: I never saw a single episode of this show or this one. Now this admission should not be interpreted as my reflection on the quality of either program -- how could I ever judge a show's merits if I had never seen it? -- only that neither fit my tastes of programs I would take time out to watch.

We all have our preferences and ever since the first season of Ben Casey ended in 1962, medical shows have just never appealed to me because, well, too many of them come across like what I'm afraid watching a soap opera might be like. In fact, I can only recall two medically-related movies that appealed to me and both of them came out right around the same time, MASH and The Hospital. Which reminds me, would someone make The Hospital available on DVD?

No comments: