Search 2.0

Monday, December 10, 2007

A menu idea for salmon chanted evening

Jeff Siegel a.k.a. The Wine Curmudgeon says today it is not only socially acceptable but actually a good idea to accompany a salmon entree with pinot noir. He even touted a $10 bottle of pinot to go with the fish. Yeah! Let the celebrations begin! Now I'm not going to feel like a pariah at some of my favorite eateries.

Which reminds me of one of the best lines I heard in a movie all year. The film itself, "The Astronaut Farmer," wasn't all that great but there is a scene at the beginning where the character Audrey Farmer (Virginia Madsen) is trying to decide on a sweater (I think) to buy for her father and asks her husband, played by Billy Bob Thornton, what he thinks of a particular one. He says he doesn't like it because it's pink and men don't wear pink. It's not pink, she says, it's salmon, to which he replies: "But the salmon are so embarrassed by the color they wear it on the inside."

No comments: